Inclusive Coaching: Disability
You will probably have one aim in mind as you work through this resource - to improve your ability to coach disabled people. It is assumed you already have the necessary sport-specific coaching knowledge and skills, and are now seeking some additional knowledge and confidence. If you already adopt a coaching philosophy that focuses on building on the strengths and abilities of each individual, you will have no difficulty in meeting this new challenge. The resource will give you the necessary information and provide activities to help you apply everything to your sport and your own coaching.
Having worked through the resource, you should feel more confident and able to:
- reflect on your coaching skills and experiences and how these meet the needs of disabled performers
- reflect on the implications of inclusive coaching on planning and delivering sessions
- make appropriate modifications and adaptations to support inclusive coaching sessions
- understand different approaches to the talent identification of disabled performers
- understand the nature of participant pathways for disabled performers
- understand the importance of classification for disabled performers.
- Author: Dr Hayley Fitzgerald
- Copyright Year: 2011
- ISBN: 9781905540877
- Length: 39 pages