Fitness Room Activities for Secondary Schools
'Going to the gym' is currently a very popular form of exercise for young adults. An increasing number of secondary schools have access to fitness room facilities. This manual provides support for those working in this environment with young people and illustrates how fitness room activities can be relevant and exciting contexts for learning about healthy active lifestyles.
Learning About Healthy Active Lifestyles Ltd and Coachwise Ltd have collaborated to develop this unique resource dedicated to introducing fitness room activities into secondary schools.
Authors Jill Elbourn and Angela James draw on their extensive expertise as Education Consultants to introduce a range of exciting and innovative practical activities for promoting learning in fitness rooms.
The resource comprises:
- information about planning safe practice
- guidance on selecting equipment and organising the fitness room
- support for curriculum planning
- 28 practical learning episodes
- teacher resources
- student task sheets
- free accompanying CD-ROM containing over 110 illustrated exercise cards.
- Author: Jill Elbourn and Angela James
- Copyright Year: 2013
- ISBN: 9781909012172